GSA Consolidation Mass Mod A812 & Advantage Update
GSA is giving contractors until July of 2020 to accept the GSA Schedule Consolidation mass modification A812, which transitions legacy GSA Schedule Contracts to the new Consolidated GSA Multiple Award Schedule (MAS) Contract. If your company holds a GSA Schedule Contract you should have received the mass modification (mod) by this point, unless you have a pending modification to add or delete a Special Item Number (SIN). As of today, the mass mod has been accepted by approximately 7,000 GSA contractors, which means roughly half of all legacy GSA Schedule Contracts have migrated to the new GSA MAS Contract.
- Are You Required to Accept Mass Modification A812?
- Should You Wait to Accept Mass Modification A812?
- What Happens When You Accept Mass Modification A812?
- What Do You Need to Do After You Accept Mass Modification A812?
- GSA Advantage! Mass Modification Update
- Next Steps After You Accept Mass Modification A812
Are You Required to Accept Mass Modification A812?
Yes, you are required to accept mass modification A812 for each GSA Schedule Contract you hold. However, you have until July 31, 2020 to do so. If you fail to accept the mass mod by this time, your contract will lose visibility on GSA eLibrary and GSA Advantage!, you will also be suspended from eBuy.
Should You Wait to Accept Mass Modification A812?
Your circumstances will dictate when you should accept the GSA Schedule Consolidation mass modification. If you have a pending modification to add or delete a SIN, you should not accept mass mod A812 until your SIN addition/deletion mod is approved. You should also not accept the mass mod if you have a contract extension that is submitted and pending at GSA.
Another factor to consider, in regard to timing, is your availability and resources to update Advantage!. Once you accept the mass mod, you’ll have 30 days to update your Advantage! files. We’ll discuss this further in the next section.
What Happens When You Accept Mass Modification A812?
When you accept the mass modification, your legacy GSA Schedule Contract will migrate to the new Consolidated GSA Multiple Award Schedule. This means, for example, your GSA IT Schedule or GSA Professional Services Schedule will now be considered a GSA Multiple Award Schedule.
Following the migration, your contact will be subject to the terms and conditions of the new GSA MAS Solicitation 47QSMD20R0001. However, for the most part, GSA did not make any substantive changes. The terms and conditions of the new GSA MAS Solicitation are largely a cleanup and consolidation of the terms and conditions from each of the legacy GSA Schedule Solicitations.
Upon acceptance of mass mod A812, your awarded SIN(s) will be converted to the corresponding new SIN(s) under the GSA MAS Contract. This change will be visible on GSA’s eLibrary website within 24-48 hours. You can search for your SINs and see your new SINs with our tool here, or you can download GSA’s “Available Offerings Attachment” here.
Since GSA consolidated approximately 900 SINs into just over 300 SINs, many companies will hold fewer SINs under the new GSA MAS Contract. However, there are a few exceptions. The legacy SINs listed in the chart below actually map to more than one SIN under the new structure.
|Legacy Schedule||Legacy SIN||New MAS SIN Mapping|
|00CORP||874 4||611430 – Professional & Management Development Training
611512 – Flight Training
|541715 – Engineering Research & Development & Strategic Planning
541330ENG – Engineering Services
|00CORP||871 3||541715 – Engineering Research & Development & Strategic Planning
541330ENG – Engineering Services
541420 – Engineering System Design & Integration Services
|00CORP||871 4||541715 – Engineering Research & Development & Strategic Planning
541330ENG – Engineering Services
541380 – Testing Laboratories
|03FAC||871 211||541690E – Energy Consulting Services
541690 – Integrated Logistics Support
|23 V||096 2N
|326211 – Tires, New
326212 – Tires, Retreaded
According to GSA, when you accept the mass mod and you hold any of the SINs listed above, you should automatically map to each new SIN that corresponds with your legacy SIN. For example, if you hold SIN 871 1, after you accept the mass mod you should have: 1) SIN 541330ENG, Engineering Services; and 2) SIN 541715, Engineering Research & Development & Strategic Planning. If you hold SIN 874 4, you should have the Flight Training SIN and Professional & Management Development Training SIN under the new GSA MAS Contract. GSA is working through system issues to best address how to resolve cases where companies map to multiple and potentially inappropriate SINs. However, in previous webinars, GSA has advised companies to submit a modification to delete erroneous SINs when the temporary ban on SIN addition/deletions is lifted in mid-March.
What Changes After You Accept Mass Mod A812:
- The name of your GSA Schedule: GSA Multiple Award Schedule
- The GSA Schedule Solicitation Number: 47QSMD20R0001
- The structure and naming of your awarded SINs
What Does Not Change After You Accept Mass Mod A812?
- Your GSA Schedule Contract number
- Your GSA Schedule Contract expiration date and remaining option periods
- Your awarded products, labor categories, and pricing
- Your negotiated items such as warranties, delivery terms, and Basis of Award
- Your business size status
What Do You Need to Do After You Accept Mass Modification A812?
GSA Advantage! Mass Modification Update
When your company accepts the mass modification, your GSA eLibrary page will automatically list the new GSA Multiple Award Schedule and applicable new Special Item Numbers. However, GSA Advantage! also needs to be updated and that process is not fully automated.
You will have 30 days to update your GSA Advantage! files after accepting mass mod A812. Here is what that GSA Advantage! update entails:
- GSA Advantage! Catalog Text File | Your GSA Advantage! catalog text file, which is displayed on your eLibrary page under “Contractor T&Cs/Pricelist”, must be updated to reflect your new SINs and comply with clause I-FSS-600 Contract Price List of the new GSA MAS Contract.
- GSA Advantage! Electronic Catalog File | If you offer products, you must also update your electronic catalog file. If you use the Schedule Input Program (SIP) for Advantage! updates, you can use the “Merge Schedules” tool option to update to the new Schedule and SINs. If you use the Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) option, you’ll need to update the Schedule Number field and SIN field before submitting your revised catalog.
After your GSA Schedule Contract migrates to the new Consolidated GSA Multiple Award Schedule, take the time to review and update any materials that reference your legacy GSA Schedule. This includes your website, capability statements, brochures, and downloads, as well as quote and invoice templates.
Next Steps After You Accept Mass Modification A812
Assess the Opportunity to Expand Your GSA Schedule Contract
Once you hold the new GSA MAS Contract and GSA lifts the temporary hold on SIN additions (anticipated mid-March), you’ll have an easier path to expand the offerings under your contract. If you had been putting off pursuing an additional GSA Schedule for IT or MOBIS, you’ll now have the ability to submit a modification to add any product or service under the GSA MAS Contract — provided you meet the requirements.
Companies that Hold Multiple GSA Schedules
If you hold multiple GSA Schedule Contracts, these will remain separate contracts after accepting the mass mod. According to GSA’s plan, the consolidation of multiple GSA Schedules into one single contract will begin in the second half of fiscal year 2020 with phase 3. However, you should know:
- GSA will not consolidate GSA Schedules under companies with different DUNS Numbers.
- To be considered part of Phase 3 — where GSA will work with you to consolidate your GSA Schedule Contracts into a single contract — you must have two or more GSA Schedules with more than 5 years left on each contract term, to include option periods. GSA does not intend to reach out to companies that have multiple GSA Schedule Contracts when one contract has less than 5 years remaining and no option periods.
- Based upon information released by GSA, companies merging multiple GSA Schedules into one — even with GSA’s guidance in phase 3 — will need to submit full modification packages to add the products/services of one contract into another.
Have Questions? Need Help Updating Your Advantage Files?
FEDSched has helped companies manage their GSA Schedule Contracts throughout more than three decades of changes at GSA.
- Address Your Questions on the Mass Mod
- Update Your GSA Advantage! Files
- Expand Your Contract with the Addition of New SINs
- Consolidate Your Multiple GSA Schedules into a Single Contract