In late October, GSA announced plans to replace digital certificates with DocuSign as the method for digitally signing documents in eOffer and eMod. As of this week, that change has occurred and companies are now using DocuSign to sign eOffer/eMod documents.
It is important to note, digital certificates are still required to access eOffer and eMod, and will continue to be required until late in the second quarter of fiscal year 2021.
Below is the FAQ GSA included in their Interact post here.
- What is DocuSign eSignature?
DocuSign is a web-based tool that enables the electronic signature of documents.
- What do I need to know to be ready for the DocuSign transition?
- GSA is transitioning to the use of DocuSign from Nov. 25 to Nov. 29. Contractors cannot submit offers and mod requests during this time.
- Documents cannot be in the process of being signed after Nov. 23. Starting Nov. 30, contractors will use DocuSign to electronically sign documents.
- Is there a registration to use DocuSign?
No, there is no registration required to use DocuSign. After Nov. 30, you will be able to use DocuSign to sign any approved offers or modifications after logging in to eOffer/eMod.
- Is there a cost to contractors for using DocuSign?
No, you do not need to purchase anything to use DocuSign in eOffer/eMod.
- Will contractors need a DocuSign subscription after Nov. 30?
No, you will not need a subscription to use DocuSign in eOffer/eMod.
- Is there anything contractors will be required to install on their workstation computers to use DocuSign?
No, there is no special software needed to use DocuSign on your workstation computers. DocuSign will be embedded in eOffer/eMod, so as long as you can login, you can use DocuSign.
- What will happen if I submit an offer/mod request before November 25th? Will that offer/mod request be retained?
There will not be any impact to offers/mod requests that have been submitted and are pending with the contracting officer/contracting specialist (CO/CS) prior to November 25th.
- Will any offers/mod requests be deleted due to this transition?
We will not automatically cancel or delete any offers/mod requests due to the transition.
- Will my CO be able to approve offers/mod requests after Nov. 30?
Yes, we expect all functionality related to this transition to be up and running on Nov. 30. COs will be able to approve offers/mod requests once the transition is complete.
- Is there any reason I would need to recreate an offer/mod request?
No, you should not need to recreate any offers/mod requests due to this transition.
- Will I need a digital certificate after DocuSign (Nov. 30) and GSA FAS ID (late Q2 FY 21) are implemented?
No, after the implementation of both DocuSign and FAS ID contractors will not need to maintain a digital certificate to access eOffer/eMod. However, you may still need to maintain your digital certificates for other government and non-goverment customers.