Does your company currently sell Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment (EVSE)? If so, you may want to consider obtaining a GSA Multiple Award Schedule (MAS) Contract. GSA intends to release a Blanket Purchase Agreement (BPA) under the GSA MAS Contract (also commonly referred to as the GSA Schedule) later this month for EVSE related products and services.
EVSE BPA to Help Meet Government Climate Initiatives
During the EVSE Industry Day, GSA’s Fleet Management team explained the upcoming EVSE BPA and how it will help achieve the federal government’s goal of creating clean and zero-emissions vehicles for federal, state, local, and tribal government fleets, including USPS vehicles.
The Federal Clean Electricity and Vehicle Procurement Strategy is detailed within Section 205 of Executive Order 14008, “Tackling the Climate Crisis at Home and Abroad“. Last month, Executive Order 14057, “Catalyzing Clean Energy Industries and Jobs Through Federal Sustainability“, established a goal to “achieve a carbon pollution-free electricity sector by 2035 and net-zero emissions economy-wide by no later than 2050.” This includes a government-wide goal of achieving “100 percent zero-emission vehicle acquisitions by 2035, including 100 percent zero-emission light-duty vehicle acquisitions by 2027”.
EVSE GSA Schedule BPA
The EVSE GSA Schedule BPA will join the list of several other government-wide BPAs managed by GSA under the GSA Schedules Program. There was little advanced notice of this Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment BPA because GSA originally planned to release the opportunity as a traditional BPA outside of the GSA Schedules Program. However, after conducting market research, GSA determined a GSA Schedule BPA would be more “efficient and expeditious” than establishing a new procurement vehicle. The change in acquisition strategy aligns with governmentwide-wide initiatives to reduce duplicative contracts.
What EVSE Products & Services Will Be Included in the BPA?
- EV Charging Stations (L1, L2, DCFast, Solar, Portable, Wireless)
- Different Mounting Types Including Bollard & Pedestal
- Networked and Non-Networked Charging Stations
- Other Charging Types (High Power Wireless, Battery Charging, Battery Storage)
- Basic Installation
- Data Services (Smart Metering, Power Management, Billing)
- Routine Preventative Maintenance
- Charging as a Service
How to Compete for the EVSE BPA?
In order to compete for the Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment BPA, your company must hold a GSA MAS Contract (aka GSA Schedule) with products or services under one or more of the Special Item Numbers (SINs) listed below. GSA will issue a Request for Quote (RFQ) through eBuy; all contractors awarded under any of the EVSE eligible SINs will have the opportunity to submit a quote.
EVSE Eligible SINs
GSA’s Fleet Management team conducted market research and reviewed existing GSA MAS Contractors with EVSE products to establish the SIN list below. If you believe there is a SIN that should be added to the list, the Fleet Management team is open to considering additional suggestions.
- SIN 334512 Total Solution Support Products for Facilities Management Systems
- SIN 332510C Hardware Store, Home Improvement Center, Industrial or General Supply Store, or Industrial Maintenance Repair and Operations (MRO) Distributor – Catalog
- SIN 335911 Batteries
- SIN 335999 Power Distribution and Solar Energy Solutions.
- SIN 238910 Installation and Site Preparation Services
- SIN 541611 Management and Financial Consulting, Acquisition and Grants Management Support, and Business Program and Project Management Services
- SIN 541420 Engineering System Design and Integration Services
- SIN 541715 Engineering Research and Development and Strategic Planning
- SIN 541330ENG Engineering Services
- SIN 3361E Electric and Autonomous Vehicles and Accessories
EVSE BPA RFQ Timeline
GSA plans to issue the EVSE BPA Request for Quote (RFQ) this month with an approximate 4-week timeframe for submissions. If your company currently holds a GSA MAS Contract, but does not have any of the SINs listed above, you have a brief period of time to submit a SIN addition modification.
Eric VanderVeen, GSA’s Fleet Management Branch Chief, explained while there is not a formal process to expedite new offer proposals and modifications (as with GSA’s FASt Lane Program), the EVSE BPAs are a high-priority for their team and they are working to expedite the approval process for EVSE suppliers. However, keep in mind, the majority of the EVSE eligible SINs will likely be handled outside of GSA’s Fleet Management office.
If your company does not receive approval in time to compete for the initial EVSE BPAs, you should have additional opportunities in the future. GSA plans to open the EVSE BPAs for on-ramping of new vendors as needed. This should be welcome news to companies that do not yet hold a GSA Multiple Award Schedule. GSA will likely provide a 30-day open period for any future on-ramps. Considering the GSA MAS proposal process typically takes several months, you should submit your proposal as soon as possible to prepare for future on-ramps.
Quick Highlights from the EVSE Industry Day Webinar:
- Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment (EVSE) BPAs will be issued under the GSA MAS Contract
- The GSA Office of Travel, Transportation & Logistics, GSA Fleet Management is overseeing the EVSE BPA
- The BPA is intended to support Executive Orders on climate change and the goal of Government Fleet Electrification by 2035
- The EVSE BPA RFQ is expected to be released January of 2022 through GSA eBuy under specific SINs
- The EVSE BPA RFQ will most likely be open for 4 weeks; the number of BPA awards will not be limited
- While the EVSE BPA RFQ will not be a small business set-aside, agencies will be required to give preference to small businesses at the order level
- The EVSE BPA SIN list is based on market research and a review of existing contracts with EVSE products; however, GSA’s Fleet office will consider additional SINs if suggested
- GSA plans to conduct on-ramping on an ad hoc basis, to be determined based upon government need
Need Help Adding EVSE Solutions to the GSA Schedule?
FEDSched has been helping companies obtain and manage their GSA Multiple Award Schedule Contracts since 1986. While we cannot guarantee approval of a SIN addition or contract award in time to compete for the BPA, we can help your company save significant time and avoid the traditional pitfalls associated with developing and negotiating your modification or new offer proposal.