The General Services Administration (GSA)
- GSA Website: https://www.gsa.gov
- Doing Business with GSA: https://www.gsa.gov/buying-selling/new-to-gsa-acquisitions/how-to-sell-to-the-government/for-businesses-working-with-gsa and for small businesses https://www.gsa.gov/buying-selling/new-to-gsa-acquisitions/how-to-sell-to-the-government/opportunities-for-small-businesses
- Procurement Forecast: https://www.gsa.gov/buying-selling/forecast-of-contracting-opportunities
Established in 1949, the General Services Administration (GSA) was created to take on the federal government’s administrative work. The agency’s mission has evolved over the years. Today, the agency provides a wide range of support to help manage federal real estate, federal procurement, and government-wide regulations.
As a GSA Schedule consultant, we work with the Federal Acquisition Service (FAS) side of GSA, which is in charge of procurement. GSA’s Public Buildings Service (PBS) is another component of the agency that manages the real estate and maintains the facilities owned or leased by the federal government.
The charts below provide a high-level snapshot of the General Services Administration’s contract award spending in fiscal year 2018. This award data does not include all awards through the GSA Schedule – just contracts awarded by the General Services Administration. The data is sourced from USASpending.gov and the GSA Schedule Sales Query Plus as of February 2019.
FY 2018 Contract Awards by GSA: $14+ Billion
FY 2018 Contract Awards by GSA | Top NAICS Codes
FY 2018 Contract Awards by GSA | Place of Performance
FY 2018 Contract Awards by GSA | Socio-Economic Status
FY 2018 Awards by GSA through GSA Schedules: $1.3 Billion
Top 10 Schedules
In fiscal year 2018, over $1.3 billion of contracts awarded by the General Services Administration were though GSA Schedules. Companies that held a GSA Professional Services Schedule (PSS) took in 41% of those sales, followed by GSA IT Schedule 70 contract holders with 27% of sales, and Security Schedule 84 contractors with 10% of sales.
Considering a GSA Schedule Contract to Sell to GSA?
A GSA/VA Schedule Contract can be a beneficial tool for companies pursuing contract opportunities with GSA. Find out more about this contract vehicle, including:
• Requirements to Obtain a GSA Schedule Contract
• Benefits of Holding a GSA Schedule Contract
• Fiscal Year 2017 Sales by Schedule
• Tips for Conducting GSA Schedule Market Research
• Overview of Steps Needed to Obtain a GSA Schedule