When Will Refresh 16 be Released?
GSA Solicitation Refresh 16 was released on Friday, May 19th.
What is Changing with Solicitation Refresh 16?
Refresh 16 includes several changes, including Schedule wide changes and SIN specific changes that span seven of the twelve GSA Multiple Award Schedule (MAS) Large Categories. The most significant change, however, is the introduction of instructions specific to joint ventures (JVs).
Summary of Refresh 16 Changes
- Joint Ventures – Implementation of a new Joint Venture policy
- Size Standards – Incorporation of SBA Small Business Size Standards which went into effect on March 17, 2023. The threshold for some NAICS that are measured by employee business size changed.
- Wage Determinations – Incorporation of updated Service Contract Labor Standards (SCLS) Wage Determinations
- Price Proposal Template (PPT) – Refresh 16 includes changes to the primary Price Proposal Templates, as well as the Special Item Number (SIN) Specific PPTs for the SINs listed below.
- SIN 531110 Long Term Lodging
- SIN 492110 Package Delivery and Freight Trucking
- SIN 492110SB Local Courier Delivery Services
- SIN 485 Ground Transportation
- SIN 532111 Automotive Equipment Rental and Leasing – Rental Supplemental Vehicle Program (RSVP)
- IT – If you are looking to get the Health IT Services SIN, 54151HEAL, or Commercial Satellite Communications Solutions (COMSATCOM) SIN, 517410, your project experience must have been completed within the last two years. Previously, GSA allowed projects completed within the last three years.
- Facilities – The instructions for SIN 561210FAC, Facilities Maintenance and Management, received minor updates in order to match the terminology of the SIN Subgroups on GSA eLibrary. Additionally, reference to “Energy Savings Performance Contracts (ESPC) will also be removed from SIN 541690E, Energy Services.
- Hardware – GSA updated the Hardware Catalog SIN 332510C to remove reference to an incorrect statement
- Lodging – GSA added a definition of “meals” to the corresponding attachment for SIN 561599L, Lodging Negotiations and Management Services
- Mail Management – GSA expanded the description of SIN 561499M, Mail Management, Systems, Processing Equipment and Related Solutions. The description clarifies that the SIN includes services like Intelligent Mail Barcoding, Mail Tracking, Address Management, and Postage Meter.
- Package Delivery – In addition to the PPT changes noted above, GSA added a note to the SIN specific instructions for the Package Delivery SIN 492110. The revised instructions specify that regular Truckload (TL), regular Less-Than-Truckload (LTL) and non-expedited services, should be offered through the Standard Tender of Service (STOS) managed by the Freight Management Program.
- Packaged Office Furniture -The Maximum Order Threshold (MOT) was reduced from $5 Million to $250,000 for the SINs listed below:
- SIN 337121P Packaged Household Dormitory and Quarters Furniture
- SIN 337127P International Packaged Furniture
- SIN 33721P Packaged Office Furniture
- SIN 339113P Packaged Healthcare Furniture
Get GSA Contract Help
Are you overwhelmed by GSA Contract changes and tired of looking at Price Proposal Templates? Need a GSA Schedule for your Joint Venture? Our team here at FEDSched has specialized in the GSA Schedule since 1986 and is ready to help you today!