GSA Multiple Award Schedule Solicitation
Are you searching for the GSA application because your company wants to get GSA certified or on the GSA list? The word “application” tends to be associated with a fill-in-the blank form. However, the process to obtain a GSA Multiple Award Schedule (MAS) is less of an application and more of a proposal process. The GSA list is actually a list of companies that have been awarded a GSA Multiple Award Schedule Contract. The GSA Schedule application is really a request for proposal (RFP), referred to as a Solicitation.
If you were to bid on any federal contract opportunity, you would write your proposal based upon the RFP or request for quote (RFQ). The same general process applies to the GSA MAS Contract. To obtain the contract and be added to the list of other GSA Schedule contract holders, you have to submit a proposal in response to the GSA MAS Solicitation. However, unlike most RFP’s, the GSA MAS Solicitation is open-ended, which means there is no due date and you can submit a proposal at any time.
What Is Included in the GSA MAS Solicitation?
The GSA MAS Solicitation is a 135 page document that includes:
- Instructions for preparing your GSA MAS proposal
- The criteria GSA will use to evaluate your proposal
- An outline of the type of products and services that can be offered through the GSA MAS Contract
- Contract terms and conditions
- Contract administration requirements
- Requirements related to the performance of GSA MAS Contract orders
The GSA MAS Solicitation essentially guides everything leading up to and following the award of your GSA MAS Contract. However, it is important to note, the Solicitation is not a stand-alone document. There are additional documents that correspond with the Solicitation, including, but not limited to: attachments for each Large Category, additional regulations incorporated by reference, and various Price Proposal Templates.
How To Find the GSA MAS Solicitation:
The GSA Schedule Solicitation, used to be located on the FedBizOpps (FBO) website along with other federal contract opportunities. However, in November of 2019, FBO was merged into the beta.SAM.gov website, which is where you can find the GSA MAS Solicitation today.
- Click here to view the GSA MAS Solicitation on beta.SAM.gov; or
- Go to beta.SAM.gov and search for the Solicitation Number, 47QSMD20R0001, under “All Award Data”
- Under the “Attachments/Links” section, click “Download All Attachments/Links”
- Make sure to read through all the documents, including the “List of Attachments” section of the solicitation.
Get Help From the Experts
FEDSched has specialized in the GSA Schedule Contract since 1986. If a GSA Schedule Contract is right for your company, we can help you through each step of the process. Contact us for a free consultation.
GSA Beginner’s Guide to GSA Schedules
Our Beginner’s Guide to GSA Schedule Contracts provides an overview of how the contract works, a history of sales, and steps to obtain the contract.