VA Agency Spending
The Department of Veterans Affairs
- VA Website: https://www.va.gov
- Doing Business with the VA: https://www.va.gov/OAL/business/dbwva.asph and for small businesses https://www.va.gov/OSDBU/library/dbwva.asp
- Procurement Forecast: https://www.vendorportal.ecms.va.gov/eVP/fco/FCO.aspx
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) is tasked with serving the more than 27 million veterans who have served our nation. In carrying out its mission statement, the VA operates thousands of outpatient sites, as well as hundreds of Vet Centers, VA Hospitals, and National Cemeteries.
To meet the agency’s needs, the VA spends billions on contract awards each year. Over the past 5 years, VA Contract awards have increased by more than 40%, jumping from around $18 billion in fiscal year 2013 to more than $26 billion in fiscal year 2017.
The charts below detail fiscal year 2017 contract award data for the VA and are sourced from USASpending.gov and the GSA Schedule Sales Query.
VA FY 2017 Contract Awards: $26 Billion
VA FY 2017 GSA/VA Schedule Contract Awards: $2 Billion
Top 10 GSA Schedules
In fiscal year 2017, the VA awarded more than $2 billion in contracts through GSA and VA Schedules. Around 40% of these awards were split between the VA Medical Equipment and Supplies Schedule 65 II A and the GSA IT Schedule 70, which now includes subcategories for Health IT services.
VA FY 2017 Contract Awards by Top NAICS Codes
VA FY 2017 Contract Awards by Place of Performance
VA FY 2017 Contract Awards by Socio-Economic Status
Considering a GSA/VA Schedule Contract to Sell to the VA?
• Requirements to Obtain a GSA Schedule Contract
• Benefits of Holding a GSA Schedule Contract
• Fiscal Year 2017 Sales by Schedule
• Tips for Conducting GSA Schedule Market Research
• Overview of Steps Needed to Obtain a GSA Schedule