FEMA Contract Awards
The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- FEMA Website: https://www.fema.gov
- Doing Business with FEMA: https://www.fema.gov/industry-liaison-program and for small businesses https://www.fema.gov/small-business-program
- Procurement Forecast: https://apfs.dhs.gov/ (Under “Forecast by Component” Select “FEMA Acquisition Forecast”)
The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) was created in 1979 under Executive Overview 12127. FEMA, along with several other agencies and offices, became part of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in 2003. FEMA’s role is to coordinate government efforts to prepare for, prevent, mitigate the effects of, respond to, and recover from disasters. This includes natural disasters, such as hurricanes, earthquakes, and floods, as well as man-made disasters, such as hazard waste accidents and terrorist attacks.
Fiscal Year 2017 Contract Awards by FEMA
The charts below detail fiscal year 2017 contract award data for FEMA and are sourced from USASpending.gov and the GSA Schedule Sales Query.
FEMA FY 2017 Contract Awards: $3.1 Billion
FEMA FY 2017 GSA/VA Schedule Contract Awards: $99.9 Million
Top 10 GSA Schedules
In fiscal year 2017, FEMA awarded nearly $100 million through GSA and VA Schedule Contracts. Over 35% of these awards were under the Professional Services Schedule. The GSA Total Solutions for Security Schedule 84 has the second highest total contract awards accounting for 21% of total contract awards. Another 21% came from the GSA IT Schedule 70 Contract.
FEMA FY 2017 Contract Awards by Top NAICS Codes
FEMA FY 2017 Contract Awards by Place of Performance
FEMA FY 2017 Contract Awards by Socio-Economic Status
Considering a GSA/VA Schedule Contract to Sell to FEMA?
A GSA/VA Schedule Contract can be a beneficial tool for companies pursuing contract opportunities with HHS. Find out more about this contract vehicle, including:
• Requirements to Obtain a GSA Schedule Contract
• Benefits of Holding a GSA Schedule Contract
• Fiscal Year 2017 Sales by Schedule
• Tips for Conducting GSA Schedule Market Research
• Overview of Steps Needed to Obtain a GSA Schedule