HHS Agency Spending
The Department of Health & Human Services (HHS)
- HHS Website: https://www.hhs.gov
- Doing Business with HHS: https://www.hhs.gov/grants/contracts/get-ready-to-do-business/index.html and for small businesses https://www.hhs.gov/grants/small-business-programs/index.html
- Procurement Forecast: https://procurementforecast.hhs.gov/Contract
The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) serves Americans by providing educational and practical resources related to medicine, public health, and social services. HHS oversees the Medicare and Medicaid programs. The Food and Drug Administration, National Institutes of Health, and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention are a few of the organizations that fall under the Department of Health and Human Services.
In order to provide all the resources and services HHS offers, the agency spends over $20 billion through contract awards. Over the past 5 years, HHS spending has increased, surpassing $24 billion in fiscal year 2017.
The charts below detail fiscal year 2017 contract award data for HHS and are sourced from USASpending.gov and the GSA Schedule Sales Query.
HHS FY 2017 Contract Awards: $24 Billion
HHS FY 2017 GSA/VA Schedule Contract Awards: $2 Billion
Top 10 GSA Schedules
In fiscal year 2017, HHS awarded over $1.9 billion through GSA and VA Schedule Contracts. Almost 50% of these awards were under the Professional Services Schedule. The GSA IT Schedule 70 has the second highest total contract awards accounting for 30% of total contract awards.
HHS FY 2017 Contract Awards by Top NAICS Codes
HHS FY 2017 Contract Awards by Place of Performance
HHS FY 2017 Contract Awards by Socio-Economic Status
Considering a GSA/VA Schedule Contract to Sell to FEMA?
A GSA/VA Schedule Contract can be a beneficial tool for companies pursuing contract opportunities with HHS. Find out more about this contract vehicle, including:
• Requirements to Obtain a GSA Schedule Contract
• Benefits of Holding a GSA Schedule Contract
• Fiscal Year 2017 Sales by Schedule
• Tips for Conducting GSA Schedule Market Research
• Overview of Steps Needed to Obtain a GSA Schedule